The Metro Academic Resource Center (MARC) provides a range of student support services for students in the Metro program and serves as a space for students to utilize for studying and hanging out while on campus.
Tutors at the MARC cover the following academic areas:
- BIOL 100, 101, 210, 211, 230, 240
- CHEM 100, 101, 102, 115, 130
- CSC: 210, 211
- ECON 101, 102
- ENGR 205
- ETHS 116, 117(statistics courses)
- ISED 160(statistics courses)
- MATH 107, 110, 122, 124, 198, 199, 226, 245, 227
- PSY 171
- ANY Writing Assignment for ANY Class: Includes all Metro classes listed under ENG, ETHS (except ETHS 116/117), COMM, and RRS
MARC tutors can support with a range of classes in these areas; students should visit in person to find out more about services offered. MARC also regularly hosts workshops and events to support students' success related to a number of important areas. Past workshops have included:
- Dream App/FAFSA support
- Grammar and writing skills
- Financial management
Learning Support (Tutoring) Appointments
SF State classes are online throughout the Spring 2021 Semester. Learning support (tutoring) appointments on Zoom can be made through SF State’s online Navigator platform at navigator.sfsu.edu
- Log into Navigator at sfsu.campus.eab.com
- Click on “Schedule an Appointment”.
- Select “Learning Support” as the type of appointment you want to make.
When asked, “What is the Primary Reason for this Appointment?”, select one of the following:
- “Individual Tutoring for Specific Courses [Online]”
- “Individual Tutoring for Writing [Online]"
- If selecting “Individual Tutoring for Specific Courses”, indicate the class for which you are seeking help.
- Pick a date. Select “Find Available Time” to pull up the availabilities for the selections made.
Select an appointment time.
- If more than one tutor has availabilities that fit your selections, all of the tutors’ availabilities will show.
- Select a time for the appointment by clicking on the time block.
- To view the availabilities for a specific tutor, please select “View Individual Availabilities”
- If you need to start the appointment process over, please select “Start Over”
Review appointment details and confirm.
- Add any additional comments in the field box labeled, “Would you like to share anything else?”
- If you selected a Zoom appointment, you would see the Zoom URL.(Note: Zoom URL will appear for On Campus appointments as well.)
- If appointment details are correct, click “Schedule” to make the appointment with a tutor
- Please check off boxes for “Email Reminder” and “Text Message Reminder” to receive notifications about this appointment. You will need to enter your mobile phone number for text notifications
- View your upcoming scheduled appointments on the Navigator Student Home Page.
(Use this method if you need tutoring support for a course not offered at one of the Learning Support locations. Requesting an appointment will alert the Learning Support locations, and a representative from the location will offer support or guidance on support resources.)
- On the “New Appointment” screen, on the right side under “Other Options”, click on the link that says “Request Appointment Time.
- If prompted, please indicate the course in which you need tutoring support (e.g., BIOL-100)
- Add your availability (e.g., Mon., March 18, 2-3PM; and Wed, March 20, 9-10AM).
Additionally, you can inquire about making a learning support (tutoring) appointment by emailing the MARC at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Same-day appointments cannot be made through Navigator. If you are trying to schedule a same-day appointment, please email the MARC at email@example.com. We cannot guarantee same-day appointments but will try to accommodate requests depending on tutor availability.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9am - 5pm
Phone: (650) 273-7510